Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So they say Pluto's no longer a planet, but...

The boys' imaginative play has a new story line.

F ran up to me this morning, hurling his body into my lap. "I arriving at Mom Planet," he gleefully announced. "I a rocket and so is C and S and we land on Mom Planet." He blasted off a few more times, projecting his body into the space around him, landing on me each time with an exuberant thud.

Ever the English teacher (no, I didn't correct his missing and misused verbs)-- I can't help but acknowledge the metaphor.

2 comments:

Laurel Kornfeld said...

Only four percent of the International Astronomical Union say that Pluto is not a planet, and most who voted on this are not planetary scientists. Their decision was immediately opposed in a petition by an equal number of professional astronomers. This debate is ongoing, and it is perfectly fine to continue calling Pluto a planet.

Andrea said...

Awww...don't you love being planet mom?